The GST common portal would reopen for migration on 25th June 2017. Assessees are required to complete the migration process before 30th September 2017. DG Systems is constantly compiling the provisional Id requests and sending them to GSTN for creation of Provisional IDs and pursuing with GSTN for issuance of PIDs and resolution of problems faced by registered taxpayers of Central Excise and Service Tax. DG Systems would disseminate the Provisional IDs by or after 25th June 2017 to all the assessees whose Provisional IDs were cancelled due to not being activated by them. In the interim, following advisory is issued for the taxpayers and departmental officers for the frequently faced problems.
Also, any difficulty faced by the taxpayers while completing the enrollment process on www.gst.gov.in needs to be taken up with the helpdesk of GSTN
- Provisional Id is awaited: Assessee needs to send a request to [email protected] and mention CE/ST registration number, PAN number, legal name as on PAN, trade name of assessee, state. DG Systems will compile the list and send to GSTN for issuance of PID. The Provisional IDs would be distributed among assesses only after being provided by GSTN to DG Systems, CBEC.
- RC cancelled: Assessee needs to send a request to [email protected] to reactivate the
cancelled Provisional ID and mention the old Provisional ID issued earlier.
- Centralised registrations: Provisional ID has not been issued for all the states: PID will be issued to all addresses mentioned in Registration Certificate of ST. If all the premises are not mentioned in the ST2/RC, then RC needs to be amended to include all these premises. Assessee need to apply for fresh GST registration on www.gst.gov.in after appointed date for those states which addresses are not added in RC. Same goes for new premises that would be set up anywhere else.
- Unable to submit enrolment form with Digital Signature: Even if the Assessee is unable to submit the form, they may only complete the form and save it on www.gst.gov.in. ARN number of saved forms will be emailed to them after 15th June 2017 subject to validation of information supplied on GST common portal.
- Provisional Id issued against wrong state / Assessee amended the state after the issuance of provisional Id: Assessee needs to write to [email protected] mentioning the state for which PID is required and mention CE/ST registration number, provisional ID, PAN number, legal name as on PAN, trade name of assessee, state. DG Systems will compile the list and send to GSTN for issuing new ID. The ID issued for the old state would be CANCELLED.
- Provisional Id issued against a different registration number (e.g. PID issued against AAAAA1234MST001 which is not in use instead of AAAAA1234MST002 which is used by assesse):
- Assessee needs to check his jurisdiction for the registration number against which the PID is issued on www.easiestcbec.gov.in -> assesssee code based search. Then apply to the concerned Range superintendent to reset the password for the registration. Then access the old registration number and obtain the PID and password.
- Alternately, the Assessee may obtain the PID and Password from the concerned jurisdictional officer as same has also been shared with them through the Zonal Chief Commissioner Office.
- The Assessee then has to mention all his registered premises as additional premises in the enrolment form.
- Provisional Id activated by assessee but not completed migration by filling up enrolment form: Assessee needs to complete the enrolment by completely filling up enrolment form and save it on www.gst.gov.in. ARN number of saved forms will be emailed to them after 15th June 2017 subject to validation of information supplied on GST common portal.
- ‘No record found’ when searched by RC/ ST2 number on www.gst.gov.in under link “check registration status”: Search using PAN instead of registration number. Still, if the result is not found, please write to [email protected] with all details such as registration number, PAN number, legal name as on PAN, business name, state for generation of PID.
- Provisional Id is already mapped against a different user: Complaints need to be registered with GSTN help desk on 0124-4688999 or [email protected]