Non Filing of Income Tax Return

Home Forums Post your Tax Queries Non Filing of Income Tax Return

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  CA 2 years, 3 months ago.

  • Author
  • #6724


    Hi All,

    Request for an advice.

    I am an NRI based in UAE

    In the year 2013, i had opened and FD time deposit in the name of my mother (67 yrs – housewife (not working)) for an amount of 4.50 lacs. (@ 9.5% maturity value 4,94,297/-)

    Now she received received a notice from IT dept for non-filing of income tax return. It reads “Time Deposit exceeding Rs. 2,00,000/- with a banking company”

    She has no other income as she not working. This was a deposit which I made enabling her take care of her personal expenses etc.

    Kindly advice what should be our response on the same.



  • #6725


    You can submit online response by choosing option “ITR has not been filed” reason ” no taxable income.
    Under related information summary please choose appropriate option.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.