Notice for non filing of return (Assessment year 2014-2015)

Home Forums Post your Tax Queries Notice for non filing of return (Assessment year 2014-2015)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  bidyut_c 1 year, 8 months ago.

  • Author
  • #4471


    Dear Sir,

    Today I got notice for non filing of income tax return for the assessment year 2014-15.

    I looked at my form 16 and other documents and calculated the amount I have to pay.

    Now what should I do? Should I e-file the return for that year and pay the amount and after that submit the compliance choosing the option ‘ITR has been filed’ and mentioning filing mode (e-filing), filing date, and the acknowledgement number before the deadline?

    If I file return properly and submit the response as mentioned before will my case be closed?


  • #4472


    Hello Amar

    As you rightly mentioned before submitting compliance, you must study information available in compliance module, compute correct tax liability and file return after paying self-assessment tax if due. There after you can submit compliance as mentioned by you.

    The responses submitted online by yous will be verified by the ITD and if found
    satisfactory, the case will be closed. You can check the updated status by logging in to
    the e-filing portal.

    In case you fails to file Income Tax return, the information will be pushed to the field
    formation for further action.

  • #6893



    Received a notice for notice for non filing of income tax return for the assessment year 2014-15. In March 2013, I did sold stocks (since it was longterm capital gain, I did not filed the ITR). To submit a response, what should I select “Information Reales To” in Related information Summary tab.

    Thank you very much for your help.

  • #7325


    Non-Filing of Income Tax Return Notice

    My wife has just yesterday (2.3.2017) received a notice for ‘Non filing of Income Tax Return’ for Fin. Yr. 2014-2015. In fact my wife is a house wife and has no income what-so-ever. My wife has a ICICI Direct demat account in her name which is linked to the ICICI bank joint account with me. I normally purchase share through this demat account. However, since the money transacted are mine, I used to show all taxable transactions in my income tax return (bank interests, dividends, short/long term profit/loss etc.). So, no returns were filed in my wife’s name.
    So, fact stands that since all tax responsibilities has been properly taken care of I presumed, there was no reason for my wife’s income tax return to submitted.
    Now since this notice has been served, please help me and advise me what shall I do now.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.