Received notice for non filing of Income Tax Return from Compliance Cell

Home Forums Post your Tax Queries Received notice for non filing of Income Tax Return from Compliance Cell

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  CA 3 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

CA
    Keymaster

I was impressed by the explanations about income Tax return submission and its other aspects
    Recently one of my close member of family got notice from Compliance Management Cell that Tax Returns for AY 2013-14 and prior years from 2010-11 to 2013-14 have not been filed .The reasons are code AI-003, CIB-212 and TDS-195. The person involved is an NRI and now overseas citizen . The response has been sent electronically as OTHERS and REMARKS as” I was given to understand that the NRIs are not required to submit tax return if the units are purchased using funds from NRE a/c Kindly advise”
    I could not understand what the code TDS-195 meant.
    I don’t know how you look at it. I thought that the reply should be sent promptly, accordingly acted. I had no time to read about the code details etc.like if I have to do any modification to the reply
    Please advise.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.