What happens after submission of response of compliance notice of non filing of return

Home Forums Post your Tax Queries What happens after submission of response of compliance notice of non filing of return

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rkj951 2 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

CA
    Keymaster

Hi my name is haider satarmaker.location miraj.I need to know what after submission of compliance notice response.i submitted compliance response on 03/11/2015 what to do now.Please Reply me…..

CA
    Keymaster

You don’t need to do anything once you submit response to compliance notice received for non-filing of income tax return.

The responses submitted online by you will be verified by the ITD and if found satisfactory, the case will be closed. You can check the updated status by logging in to the e-filing portal.

Please note that if somone fail to file Income Tax return after receiving notice under non-compliance, the information will be pushed to the field formation for further action.Assessing Officer may send notice u/s 142(1) for filing return there after may take up for scrutiny.

rkj951
    Participant

Dear Sir, you mentioned “Please note that if somone fail to file Income Tax return after receiving notice under non-compliance, the information will be pushed to the field formation for further action.Assessing Officer may send notice u/s 142(1) for filing return there after may take up for scrutiny.”

I guess this is applicable only if one has taxable income & ITD finds that response was not satisfactory?

Kindly suggest, how can I check the updated status as suggested by you?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.