Swine flu is back in India. Over 5000 cases were tested positive for this virus H1N1 and over 200 people have died during this year due to swine flu. Swine flu first appeared in Maxico in 2009 and rapidly spread across the world.
Please read the following advertisement material published by BBMP, Bangalore to know more about do’s and don’t.
- Cover your nose and mouth while coughing nad sneezing with tissue paper (make sure you dispose it carefully) or hand kerchief.
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water before and after touching the nose, eyes and mouth.
- Get adequate sleep and manage stress effectively. Keep physically active.
- Take rest and plenty of fluids. Eat nutritious food and enhance your immune system.
- Reduce time spent in crowded areas Wear mask and keep a distance of at least 1 meter from people having symptoms.
- Don’t shake hands or hug while greeting.
- Don’t take medicines without doctor’s prescription.
- Don’t spit in public places.
- Avoid going to crowded places.
- Don’t travel if you have flu symptoms.
- Don’t send your child to school if they have flu symptoms.